One of the goals of A Midwife Nation is to increase education about midwives and midwife practice across the United States. One of the best ways to accomplish this goal is to let the midwives speak!
As mentioned on A Journey to Midwifery podcast by Dr. Amber Price, midwives have to open the doors to our spaces we have so long protected and let people see how midwives practice, what they offer to women, and what midwifery looks like. This means we have to start sharing what our practice(s) look like and what our practice beliefs are! With that said, I’m calling all midwife practices to share about what makes you magical.
Care to participate in a Midwifery Practice Spotlight? Complete the following questions for your practice, then send your answers and a picture via the contact page. We’ll feature a different practice on Midwife Mondays in an effort to demonstrate the different midwifery practices across the nation.
- Where is your practice located (city, state, hospital/birth center, home setting)?
- How many years has your practice been providing midwifery care, and how has your practice changed over time?
- How many midwives are currently in your practice?
- How many births does your practice attend annually?
- What is the scope of your practice (OB, GYN, birth center, infertility, newborn)?
- What is something unique about your midwifery practice?
- Why do you believe midwifery care is important to women?
- What is your one piece of advice to women seeking midwifery care?
- What is your favorite old wives’ tale about midwives?
- What is your hope for midwifery?
- How can we find out more about you or your practice (social media, website, etc.)?
Can’t wait to see the submissions!